On 02/11/2010 10.15, Lorenzo Donati wrote:
Ah! By the way, I had problem with Alien since it requires luarocks for
installation and I have a fairly complicated custom layout for programs
on my PC and I hate 'installers' - I definitely prefer software that can
be "unzipped and run" ("portable" software - the other meaning ;)).

You are not alone. For example, when I have to manage Lua tools for multiple projects that require different versions, and make them available to other people (not necessarily programmers) via SVN, things can get pretty hairy when installers are involved, so I try to avoid them.

--
  Enrico