Hi Everyone-

I'm trying to build (as the subject line would suggest) LuaJIT on Darwin (Mac OS X) as a UB for both 32- and 64-bit x86. I first attempted to use "-arch i386 -arch x86_64" in the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS, but it seems it's generating asm for only one using DynASM for only one architecture.

Separately building for both architectures and then manually creating the .a with lipo seemed to work, however this is fairly non-ideal, and it showed up another issue whereby ld would whinge on 32-bit about a >4GB mach header for linking the .so, which rather took me by surprise.

Is there a better approach?

Alistair