On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 02:27:09PM -0500, Javier Guerra Giraldez wrote:
> but, if you want to learn, just do all three:
>
> 1: parser->C structs->Lua.  you'll find lots of references, work
> should be straightforward

Yeah, I was reading about Prof. Roberto's struct
(http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~roberto/struct/).

> 2: write to Lua structs directly within the parser.  did you know that
> even without the language, Lua is a nice data structure library?

That is exactly what I was thinking about...

> 3: LPEG.  in most cases, the data flow in a LPEG parser works just like 2
>
> I'd advise doing it in this order, because once 1 is running going to
> 2 is mostly removing code, and going to 3 is mostly syntax and some
> extra code deletion.

Thanks, maybe I'll do 3 some day  :-)  For now, let's start from 2,
since learning some Lex & Yacc (and general parsers theory and creation
-- which could be achieved using LPEG, I know...) is my objective, for
now.

--
Silas Silva