I worked for a company where we built a Lisp implementation with a hard upper limit on GC pauses... (I wasn't involved, so I don't know the details, but there's a little more information here: http://www.lispworks.com/products/myths_and_legends.html)

It seems Franz did something similar: :http://www.franz.com/services/conferences_seminars/jlugm00/conference/Talk14_takeuchi.pdf

On 26 October 2010 13:27, Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:27:33AM -0200, Alex de Magalhães Machado wrote:
> As I said in a previous e-mail, I'm trying to run Lua hard real-time
> applications on embedded systems.

Surely this is impossible without content-addressable memory? (ie, a
general aspect of GC is that it is mutually exclusive with hard
real-time.)

B.