No exception to the rules, there are a couple of open source projects
on github and one larger commercial project that use lua.  You can use
it to bind into the Obj-c runtime.   It's quite neat actually.

This is one of them:
http://github.com/probablycorey/wax

The rules were updated in September, I believe, although I'm unsure.
 Of course, dealing with Apple, or any other closed source company,
there is a risk of this access being yanked away.

Disclaimer: Seeing that project, + my long desire to learn lua + vim
7.3 with lua support are the factors that pushed me over the edge into
actively learning it.  Oh, and my great distaste for javascript, which
was the other option.