On 16/10/2010 3.06, Del Buono, Matthew Paul wrote:
For real time apps I can't say I've used lua but I suspect that
> disabling the gc and initializing lua with a custom allocator
> will get you very deterministic.

About allocators for Lua, depending of how much the maximum desired allocation time is, TLSF could be a possible choice thanks to its bounded alloc/dealloc times:
http://rtportal.upv.es/rtmalloc/

This public domain implementation of TLSF was suggested to me on this list and behaved very well on a 33 MHz ARM7:
http://tlsf.baisoku.org/
(a tip: making all API functions inline in C++ gives a significant speed benefit)

--
  Enrico