Hi,

You're right Wes, I'm sorry. I have ported the Lua Virtual Machine to an embedded Operating System [1]. Therefore, by real-time I mean deterministic, as Matthew said. So, I want to know if it's possible to have real-time Lua applications running on this OS. If it's not, then what could I do to enable it?

Matthew, what do you mean by "custom allocator"? For dynamic memory allocation, I do use my group's own version of 'realloc', if that's what you mean. Disabling GC sounds straightforward, although I might try to figure out a way to not doing this. But why do tables vary in timing? I think that avoiding tables does no good to applications development. Anyway, thank you very much for the answer. That's what I wanted to know.

Can anyone think of other problems with real-time Lua applications?

[1] http://epos.lisha.ufsc.br/