 On 2010-10-14 11:19, steve donovan wrote:
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Stefan Sandberg
<keffo.sandberg@gmail.com>  wrote:
At the very least it would keep the list for it's intended purposes, rather
than cause this every single time.
Personally, I'm ok with recruiters, as long as they follow the simple
rules and drop a quick&  plain 'hi list, have a look here' kind of
post. The url can then point to the fancy stuff. Make it just a little
personal.

Otherwise it feels like spam...

steve d.

I agree, but that's not the point I was trying to make..

People generally don't come to this list looking for lua related work, nor is it rare that people are looking
for employees either..

So where -does- one find lua related work, or find people willing to work with lua?

Every time I've worked professionally with lua is when I've introduced it myself. I know of a few game-dev companies that use it, but other than that, it's pretty slim pickings to be honest.

The obvious place for that would be the community, but not on a developer-list like this, but on the lua.org site or wiki, imo. A simple link on the lua.org front page, "Jobs", would be enough to focus everything to one place.