On 10/13/2010 7:36 PM, Miles Bader wrote:
KHMan writes:
*yawn* oh cool, looks like I successfully pressed some buttons

No doubt, but read Mike's other (long) message -- he makes some
excellent points...

That has largely been posted before. Nothing new. I have always left that to Roberto & co.

If you thought I stepped on your pet snake, then of course you will yelp at me. I would too. (Poor analogy, sorry, ha ha.)

Doing stuff like coding in terms of bit.band(blah blah), bit.lshift(blah blah), and so on is largely more tedious. Most developers will not be doing stuff like implementing compression in Lua for 'normal' apps. Of course, it has never stopped anyone before. Even I have coded the deflate CRC before...

Anyway most app developers do not need to code DCTs and FFTs nowadays. Those who need them should be matured enough that they know what they are doing (hopefully) and don't need me to tell them anything. So it was just conversational bait, and not in any sense targeting anything.

No big deal to have different opinions -- I would be very afraid if everyone just nod their heads like zombies all the time. So I have said my spiel, I'll let you guys have all the fun now ;-)

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)