On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 02:46, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 10:41 AM, HyperHacker <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mhm, that was the document I was looking at (which appears to be
>> nearly two years old and not linked from the LuaForge page). I
>> installed the rock and no go:
>>> print(lanes)
>> nil
>
> Looks fine here (also installed with LuaRocks)
>
> $ lua -llanes
> Lua 5.1.4  Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
>> =  lanes
> table: 0x8308818
>
>> Does LuaRocks also install documentation somewhere?
>
> It may ;)  Depending on whether the packager thought it was important
> or not.  In this case, it would probably be exactly the same document
> that link refers to.
>
> steve d.

Alright, looks like I found the problem. I removed Lanes and installed
it again, this time running LuaRocks as root, and it worked. I suppose
something in Lanes or LuaRocks is expecting the usual install
directory and fails when installed to the home directory (by
installing as non-root)?

--
Sent from my toaster.