On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 09:45 +1100, Quae Quack wrote:
> On 4 October 2010 23:43, Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As Diego said, LuaSocket doesn't support HTTP 1.1 persistent
> > connections, and I don't know a Lua HTTP library that does (not that I
> > can claim to have exhaustively searched). If you're sure your server
> > supports them then it may be worth implementing.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Matthew
> >
> > PS. Is the RPC server a part of VMware? I'm wondering if HTTP is
> > actually requirement... :)
> >

> I wrote a HTTP 1.1 lua client at one point (to test my HTTP 1.1
> server): it was actually quite a simple task. I can't find it now, but
> it should take a good coder 15mins to bash it out (use some utility
> functions from luasocket)

I guess that makes me a bad coder (or at least not a good one) because I
looked at socket.lua and socket/http.lua for more than 15 minutes and
could not figure it out.  I guess I could write a primitive HTTP 1.1
client in that time, but not with all the nice error handling etc. that
socket/http.lua comes with.  If you find your code, I'd be grateful if
you could share it.

</nk>