On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:
> fact that it adds more "magic" makes me take take pause; it feels like
> something that might be one of those "good ideas" which seems
> appealing at first, but turns out to be a ball of hair in the long
> run.

I'm with you on that;  there are remarkably few gotchas in Lua.  A
well-written library will know that people will make a dot/colon
confusion and will be able to issue a 'bad self' message - maybe even
say 'you forgot the colon!'

As I mentioned, people trying to enforce a dot-only style will have to
go to the trouble of making all included libraries work in a dot-only
style.

steve d.