On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:50 AM,  <mark@anticentertainment.com> wrote:
> I'm investigating using LuaPlus instead of Lua. The features page on Lua
> plus.org sounds very compelling...

Yet other languages, some more recent, based on Lua are listed on the
bottom [1], and [2] is related.

[1] http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaImplementations
[2] http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaPowerPatches

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:
> "Enhanced metatables, wherein basic types, such as strings can have an
> associated metatable. It only takes a few more lines of code to add this
> support, and what a world of difference it makes."
>
> Yes, I bet it makes a world of difference by destroying performance and
> readability of the sources.

Note that in Lua 5.0, only tables and userdata could have metatables.
In Lua 5.1, all values can have a metatable, although values of some
types like strings share a common one.