On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 3:36 AM, Gunnar Zötl <gz@tset.de> wrote:
> However, that's just me and I know that some people want to do everything using dot notation only, so they might like it.

Colon notation makes me extremely paranoid. Since t:method() is just
sugar for t.method(t), anyone can replace 't' in the argument list
with some other, unrelated table. And it's extremely easy to forget to
use colon instead of dot - I constantly slip up accidentally. When I
have an object, if I'm calling a method on that object, I like the
assurance that this "message", per se, is going to my object. I always
build my own objects to use closures, binding methods to objects so I
can just use dot notation.

~Jonathan