I know that a lot of code formatting is a matter of personal taste, however, I
am developing a code formatter for Lua, and I am in need of a "default" format
to support "out of the box".

There are a lot of nuances to code formatting, and I'd like to cover as many as
possible.

for example spacing:

local a = {1,2,3}  vs  local a = {1, 2, 3}  vs. local a={1,2,3}

indentation:

local f = function()
    return
end

vs

local f = function()
              return
          end

The list goes on...

I'd like to get a discussion going on this topic.

Incidentally, if you would like to try my code formatter its built into my
plugin for IntelliJ. Right now its still in development, but using it may aid in
the discussion.