On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 10:53:10PM -0700, Chris Babcock wrote:
> I'm looking to build a messaging processing system on LuaGravity to support
> 'real time' Diplomacy. Although I put real time in quotes and Diplomacy is a
> turn based strategy game, the design should be robust enough for an MMO. The
> basic purpose of the project is to recycle the business logic of a C
> application and reuse it in an uber-sexy event-oriented framework.

Wow, thanks, now i'm studing LuaGravity. The uber-sexy event-oriented
framework sound really great!
if you need some help tell me. i'm trying to learn about MMO game development.

> The plan is to use a Lua object format as a data manipulation language. Each
> game object running concurrently, whether a game in a multi-game server like
> a Diplomacy judge or a location in an MMO, can use LuaGravity's step
> execution model to run through its own message queue. The data model should
> shard well if needed, it can use Versium to provide whatever storage backend
> is desired and, unlike a relational database, a timing event in this model
> can push game events out into user space where the avatar can notify the
> player.

Versium sound just for me. I can save states (history) ...

you know some books or good game code with lua? i need more background
here :)

Thanks!

> Signoff
> Chris
>
> My waffle iron beat up your smart phone.
>
> On Sep 24, 2010 5:54 PM, "Marcelo Alaniz" <malaniz@code4life.com.ar> wrote:

- --
//c4l