I'm looking to build a messaging processing system on LuaGravity to support 'real time' Diplomacy. Although I put real time in quotes and Diplomacy is a turn based strategy game, the design should be robust enough for an MMO. The basic purpose of the project is to recycle the business logic of a C application and reuse it in an uber-sexy event-oriented framework.

The plan is to use a Lua object format as a data manipulation language. Each game object running concurrently, whether a game in a multi-game server like a Diplomacy judge or a location in an MMO, can use LuaGravity's step execution model to run through its own message queue. The data model should shard well if needed, it can use Versium to provide whatever storage backend is desired and, unlike a relational database, a timing event in this model can push game events out into user space where the avatar can notify the player.

Signoff
Chris

My waffle iron beat up your smart phone.