Another option for running Lua on Android is by using Kahlua:
http://krkadev.blogspot.com/2010/06/kahlua-on-android.html

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM, Chris Babcock <cbabcock@asciiking.com> wrote:

I installed ASE, but I haven't done much with it yet. I'm not a big fan of GUI building and haven't had any really compelling ideas.

If someone really wants to work with Lua on Android, the thing to do is dig into the NDK. The best thing for Lua mobile app development would be a simple toolkit to provide a consistent API to most common phone functionality across platforms.

Signoff
Chris

My waffle iron beat up your smart phone.