Hello Rob,

>> sorry but you are wrong. changing license of modified sources to more
>> prohibitive one is very common operation. lgpl explicitly says that
>> this code is allowed to be relicensed under gpl

> Doesn't the LGPL say you are allowed to use the product under either the
> LGPL or GPL?  I don't believe it says you can "relicence" it, just that
> you have the choice.

all these licenses (mit, lgpl,gpl) are about source code license, not the
program usage. you can sell it or make money on monthly subscription - it's
completely different topic

>> mit/bsd explicitly allows to do *everything* with the code, including
>> redistributing it with any license

> No, it does not.  It allows sublicencing.

"to deal in the Software without restriction, including... sublicense"

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin@gmail.com