Hello Patrick,

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Martin Voigt <voigt.m@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I should have written that in the first mail, we just want to
>> distribute our lua/ luac modules bundled with a modified Lua
>> interpreter under the GPL2, and we're not sure if that is possible.

> You cannot relicense code of which you do not own the copyright.

sorry but you are wrong. changing license of modified sources to more
prohibitive one is very common operation. lgpl explicitly says that
this code is allowed to be relicensed under gpl

mit/bsd explicitly allows to do *everything* with the code, including
redistributing it with any license

probably, you mean either that it's not allowed to change code license
without explicit owner's permission, or that one can't claim
authorship of someone else's code

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin@gmail.com