On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:
> Every culture has its dogma and mythology....

While this self-evidently true, it is not an argument.  I'd like to
see some well-controlled usability studies about readability and
significant whitespace, but otherwise it is a matter of taste. For
instance, I don't care for vim, can never get over the modality and
the loads of odd little commands. But it really cooks in the hands of
those who like it and live within it.

>From a Python perspective, I imagine Lua looks very 'noisy' with the
repeated use of 'local' and the trailing 'end' keywords forming the
famous 'arrow head' pattern.

De gustibus non disputandum, as they used to say.

steve d.