Hi,

Alexander Gladysh, 25.07.2010 07:11:
But Lua discrimination strikes again:

     <...>Lua code is harder to write than Python code as the language
lacks most of the batteries that Python includes. Writing large
programs in Lua is rather futile<...>

Sorry for the "discrimination", I see now that it can easily be read that way. I changed that paragraph to the following, hoping that it makes it clearer what I actually meant to say.

"""
However, Lua code is harder to write than Python code as language and runtime lack many of the batteries that Python includes. Lua is not commonly used as primary language for large applications, but it provides a perfect backup language when raw speed is required and the edit-compile-run cycles of binary extension modules are too heavy and too static for agile development.
"""

Remember that this is supposed to be read from the POV of a Python developer. Lua certainly has more advantages for, say, C developers than for the ordinary Python developer.

Stefan