On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:
> Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml@behnel.de> writes:
>>> Pythonistas are very attached to whitespace as syntax ;)
>>
>> Readability counts. :)
>
> Hmm, not, apparently, with pythonistas...
>
> [given that significant whitespace generally makes real programs harder
> to read]

I think that's something of a straw man argument. Everyone indents
their code anyways, or I should hope so at any rate. Unless I'm quite
wrong, Python just makes consistent indentation a requirement. In this
regard I'd compare it to Haml's removal of HTML end-tags and reliance
on indentation.

Caveat: I don't use Python - personal preference - so if I got
something blatantly wrong...

~Jonathan