 That's what i was goign to anwser :) We are using C...

Le 02/09/2010 22:11, Jonathan Castello a écrit :
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Jonathan Castello<twisolar@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Sylvain Fabre<sylvain.fabre@inpixal.com>  wrote:
  Yes of course :) All our objects have a __gc metamethod implemented !
But the core issue is that for each object allocated internally, onlye 4
bytes/8bytes are seen from the LUA garbage collector... But internally,
megaoctets are allocated...
Hence, the garbage collector does not trigger "properly", and we ran out of
memory.
What if you allocate the entire space required by your object as a
userdatum, and use placement new to initialize it into the space Lua
allocated for you? Then you're not using a pointer, you're using the
whole object.

~Jonathan

Of course, if you're not using C++ you wouldn't use placement new... *cough*

~Jonathan

--
Sylvain FABRE