2010/9/2 Fabio Mascarenhas <mascarenhas@acm.org>
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 7:12 AM, François Perrad
> 2010/9/2 steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com>
>>

>> How would it compare in features to (say) Cosmo?
>
> Cosmo depends on LPeg, lua-CodeGen has not external dependency.
> lua-CodeGen has a theorical background, see T. Parr's papers.

Actually Cosmo also draws from some of the ideas in Parr's work on
StringTemplate (strict separation of view code, "functional" template
expansion, probably others, it has been a while since I have read the
papers). I think the main difference (and main limitation of Cosmo) is
that Cosmo subtemplates are all "inline" in the same template file,
though in actual use I fix that with import-like template selectors.

By contrast, lua-CodeGen doesn't allow "inline" subtemplate.
So a template is splited in small chunk.

I think that Cosmo & lua-CodeGen don't differ in term of features,
but differ in term of management of code.
It's more easy to reuse/modify the small chunks.

--
Fabio Mascarenhas