>> 2010/8/30 Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org>
[snip]
> I think you missed my point.  It's exactly in the case where a sender
> to the list includes his own Reply-To: header different from his From:
> header that information-loss occurs:  the sender's Reply-To: header
> will be lost if the mailing-list manager overwrites it.  In that case,
> the sender's preferred personal reply-address is lost (because it only
> existed in the Reply-To header, not in From), and copying from From:
> does the wrong thing for personal replies.
>
> -Miles

Yes, I misunderstood.  I think the issue (as clarified) will now
divide along the few who have a personal reply-to address, and the
many more who do not (numbers based on my relatively limited
experience).  Those who do have a personal reply-to address might be
able to be convinced that the default action should be to reply to the
list, as I argued in my previous post.   IMO, it will cause less
friction to ask people with personal reply-to addresses to add it to
their signature, than to attempt to retrain every user of the list to
use the "Reply-to-all" button.