> Specifically, the "Mail delivery" option was reset when the list was moved.
> I believe I was using this setting so I could still view the archives or
> easily re-subscribe. Anyhow, it's no big deal, because I can just turn Mail
> delivery off again or unsubscribe for real. Just thought you might like to
> know one reason why people may be wondering why they are suddenly getting
> these emails (again).

We know that. We explained the problem in the very first message that
those people got when they started getting these mails (again):

  Everyone that was subscribed on 24 Aug has been subscribed to the new
  list automatically, but user settings have been lost and you must set
  them again at lists.lua.org (choose lua-l in the list of lists).

-- Roberto