 On 2010-08-30 12:20, Mike Pall wrote:
Patrick McCavery wrote:
There are ideal uses for every tool. Could you give me some guidance
as to when to use C and when to use LuaJit?
Your question is too broad and/or too general to give a useful
answer. Better ask a specific question about where you actually
plan to use it (say "game scripting") and everyone will chime in
with their experience.

--Mike

Or, use luajit until you reach a situation where it hinders your performance expectations, -then- turn to C..
...and following the same logic, do the same with C, then assembly..

You'll probably find yourself realizing that C is a very poor choice of language for the majority of real cases.. Ie, it falls into the "premature optimization" bucket quite often, at least for me.

Spend a little energy measuring first, then spend energy specifically where you need to, or you might end up in another situation C seems to cause quite often, like a huge hole in a foot. :)