Vyacheslav Egorov wrote:
> >> You'll quickly conclude this could be optimized down to an empty,
> >> infinite loop, right? Now try to apply the classic compiler
> >> optimizations you've learned back then in that compiler course:
>
> My compiler course taught me to peel my loops :-)

That doesn't help here. It would fold away the first iteration
and then you're stuck with the exact same loop. Yes, I know you
meant it as a joke. :-)

BTW: You've attached a full quote of my message and you're
sending it as a mixed text/HTML message, too. Neither is
appreciated here on the list, see: http://www.lua.org/lua-l.html
Please fix the settings of your mail client. Thank you!

--Mike