On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Bogdan Marinescu
<bogdan.marinescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please remove me from this list.
>
> I don't generally rant, but this is a bit too much. Please stop this
> non-sense. If you were able to join the original list in the first
> place, you should be able to unsubscribe from this one without
> problems. So it's only elementary common sense to stop wasting
> everybody's time (especially the list's administrators) with these
> requests.

I agree -- presumably all of these people were on the original
lua-users lists, even if they had delivery turned off, and it seems
unlikely that too many complete noobs would subscribe to it.

I think it's good policy to reply to such requests with a polite
boilerplate reminder of the correct method, and a pointer of the list
management website or whatever, but _not_ to unsubscribe them.  At
least, that avoids reinforcing the notion that what they did is the
correct method to unsubscribe, but by being polite and constructive,
hopefully also avoids making enemies unnecessarily.

-miles

--
Cat is power.  Cat is peace.