Hi Chris

'''Maybe this resource is just under-publicized and underutilized'''

I have been on this list(well the old one before it's reincarnation) for well over a year and I did not even know there was a luarocks.org site.

''' It doesn't look terribly difficult to package programs as Rocks, so
maybe all that's missing is customization to the LuaRocks.org Sputnik
instance to enable maintainers to manage their own contributions. I
don't think that I'm on that mailing list yet, but I'll forward this
tomorrow.""

I think this is a great idea, no need to reinvent the wheel just to modify an existing one, thanks-Patrick