Hi there,

this message is to announce lpty. lpty is a module that allows a program written in lua to control another program using a pty. Unlike pipes this allows to control even programs asking for passwords (like for example ssh) and catch output that is not terminated by a line feed.

lpty has been tested on linux and Mac OSX, but should compile and run on any OS with Unix98 pty support.

You can get lpty from http://www.tset.de/lpty/ or from the luarocks repository.

Gunnar

P.S. I get a few warnings when building this on linux, if somebody has any idea how to get rid of those, I would very much appreciate it.