On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Jerome Vuarand
<jerome.vuarand@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is no longer sugar, the environment replacement feature of module
> relies on a core feature that is considered deprecated in 5.2
> (changing the caller environment).

I suppose this should now be considered a fait accompli.

> The fact is that some people are available to make core language
> changes, for free.

For which we are grateful ;)

> Analysis tools, IDEs, all of that require a fair
> amount of work and I'm not sure the community is big enough to provide
> that.

You should see the amount of analysis which David M's lua-inspect can
already do, with SciTE and vim plug-ins in development. (Although he
is a well-known non-fan of module())

> I guess there are several daemon teams in hell and we're not
> supporters of the same one :-)

The competition of ideas is an entertaining sport ;)

steve d.