On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Jerome Vuarand
<jerome.vuarand@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not OK, the move to _ENV is to give back to closure the control of
> their global variables. If the module wants to change its _ENV, it
> should do so explicitly :

But ... we all understand module(...) now, and its limitations.  Why
deprecate a nice bit of sugar because sugar is theoretically evil?
Remember that this will involve a fair amount of incompatible module
rewriting, and keeping 5.1 and 5.2 versions going in parallel during
the transition. This was not a big problem with the 5.0 -> 5.1
change-over, especially with compat5.1.

Better static analysis tools, better development environments: this
will help programmers more than core language changes.

steve d.

PS. but package.seeall must go, it _is_ evil ;)