Patrick,

I don't know who died and made you God, but I did read those other proposals, and I don't think they have the answers, and you haven't provided anything but scorn and drivel. In general, globals are just a lazy way to make things available, and they create both limitations and overhead as well as errors. If they were necessary, then we would have to put up with them, but they are not. What better time is there to discuss something like this than when a new version of the language is "work"-ing itself towards completion. If you like literary allusions, there is Yeats' little ditty, "The Second Coming", with these fine and appropriate words at the end:

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

What we were discussing was modules in that rough beast that is about to be born, and variable declarations, implicit and explicit, are absolutely critical to what makes a module tick.

Everett L.(Rett) Williams II

Patrick Donnelly wrote:
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Everett L Williams II