Philippe Lhoste wrote:
> On 30/07/2010 09:25, Martin Velek wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> it works like a charm :).
>> Thank you very much.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Martin
>>
>> On 29 July 2010 23:47, Andrew Cannon<ajc@gmx.net>  wrote:
>>>
>>> ...a small addendum to my last post:
>>>
>>> In addition to the changes below, the lua scripts for socket and mime
>>> have to be
>>> modified as follows:
> [ full message ... ]

> [ full message ]
>
> I dislike playing the watchdog, but sometime netiquette has to be
> reminded (read: I dislike even more such breaches... ;-))
>
> Please, in general, avoid top-posting.
> To quote (or paraphrase) a well known saying:

Oh, it's just a matter of practice;-)

> A: Because it is hard to follow.
> Q: Why avoiding top-posting?
>
> I would add another issue with top-posting: often people become lazy (or
> just forget) and leave the whole thread (in reverse or mixed order!) a
> the bottom of their message, which is totally useless if you have a good
> mail reader (threading messages, for example). It only contributes to
> bloat the mailboxes...

Seriously now, the best place to put the response depends on the nature of the
reply. When responding to items within the OP's text it obviously makes sense to
put the reply in line.
In cases like this where the reply is more or less independent but includes the
original post for reference it often makes more sense to put the reply at the
top where it's easy to find.

Andrew