>     Call to lua function from c using yielded lua_State works fine.
> But same call with line hook set crashes in lvm.c line 71.
>     Lua version 5.1.4
>
>     Code to reproduce:
>
> [...]

This message (http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2010-03/msg00387.html)
is from almost five months ago; only now we got some time to look at
it.

The code in question calls lua_pcall on a suspended thread. Although
this was not documented, such call is illegal. You can only resume a
suspended thread (one with status LUA_YIELD). By chance it works
when there are no line hooks, but it is invalid nonetheless.

-- Roberto