On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Peter Odding <peter@peterodding.com> wrote:
> Inspired by this thread, I've just published the first prototype of a Vim
> plug-in that uses LuaInspect to (automatically) perform semantic
> highlighting of variables in Lua buffers.

I've tried it out, and it looks functional.  The editor's Lua universe
possibly being different than your application's Lua universe is a
general problem for dynamic lookup.  One approach is to have a utility
run in your application's Lua universe to dump the symbols and send
them to the editor, either in batch mode, as you have, or on-demand
via socket, like a remote debugger.  Static analysis is another
option, and LuaInspect will aim to do a little of both.