On 12/07/2010 18:16, Javier Guerra Giraldez wrote:
just say no to localized keyboards

Erk!
I would hate to write French texts with an American keyboard... I already have macros to easily write things like œ or Ç not available on my French keyboard, I would dislike to have macros for à or ç as well... But I admit that to write code, access to [] or {} chars on my keyboard is slow and cumbersome.

It reminds me of my Apple //e which had double marking and a physical switch under the keyboard: I coded on a Qwerty keyboard and typed French texts on an Azerty keyboard.
An interesting exercise for the mind, not sure if I would do the same today... :-)

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France