Patrick Donnelly <batrick@batbytes.com> writes:
> I like the way _ENV looks just fine. (Not to start a vote thread, just
> noting that some of us like it just fine.)

Yeah, I also think _ENV is a fine name.  The underscore and uppercase
make it stand out as "something special", but the name is conveniently
short enough not to be annoying if you do need to use it.

[And while it is "special", there's nothing _wrong_ with using _ENV,
after all, so I think the various suggestions to use obnoxiously long
names for it and _G are just silly.]

-Miles

--
Guilt, n. The condition of one who is known to have committed an indiscretion,
as distinguished from the state of him who has covered his tracks.