On Jul 12, 2010, at 9:18 PM, David Manura wrote:

> All is not lost though.  If you need side-effects unique to each
> import, you need to call some other function following `require` to
> pass your arguments to.  For example,
> `require(name):import(arguments...)`.

It also occurs to me that if your module is supposed to produce a factory of some kind that needs additional arguments to be complete, it could return a factory function instead of a table:

require "name" (...)

This would probably be restricted to fairly specific uses, though. Mostly I'm just tempted by the module chunk's stack frame sitting there totally unused.

Nevin Flanagan