Given the recent discussions of globals and the package system, one thing that has seemed sensible to me and does not seem to be implemented is the options of giving extra arguments to require, and having them passed to the chunk loaded...that is, if you called require(name, ...), name.lua would be called with ... as arguments to the chunk.

I confess that I haven't given this one serious thought to determine if it would create problems or confusion.

Thoughts?

Nevin Flanagan