On 7 July 2010 16:38, Valerio Schiavoni <valerio.schiavoni@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Vladimir,
> i've tried to using squish for a very simple module, and I got this:
>
> ./make_squishy /Users/veleno/workspace/unine-svn/code/trunk/minirpc/minirpc.lua
> Couldn't resolve string (required in
> /Users/veleno/local/lualibs/lib/splay/benc.lua)
> lua: ./make_squishy:93: table index is nil
> stack traceback:
>        ./make_squishy:93: in function 'scan_file'
>        ./make_squishy:126: in main chunk
>        [C]: ?

make_squishy is a helper utility to try and build the list of modules
that a script depends on, locate them on the filesystem and produce a
list for squishy to pack. With large projects with lots of modules it
can certainly save some time :)

It looks like this error is because you do require("string"), and
make_squishy can't find such a module file to pack (it's of course a
built-in Lua module). I'll see if I can come up with a nice fix for
that by tonight.

Thanks,
Matthew