On 3 July 2010 13:42, Valerio Schiavoni <valerio.schiavoni@gmail.com> wrote:
> This Squish tool is interesting.
> Maybe i don't need something with so many features (typically i don't
> need to produce a script as small as possible..also, i guess that once
> the scripts are compressed in a small one, original line-numbers are
> lost?)

There is a --debug option which will attempt to preserve line numbers
by rewriting the debug information in the bytecode, I think there are
some cases where it gets it wrong, but I'm working on that :)

> I wonder how this tool behaves if the imported modules are native libraries.

I've delayed putting in support for native libraries so far. Packing
them is easy, but the question is what to do at runtime. They
typically can't be loaded without being unpacked to a separate file
first, and I couldn't decide how best to organise that in a clean and
cross-platform way (e.g. using /tmp for example).

If you can take care of this in your application, squish allows you to
pack any files as resources, and then your application can access them
at runtime and put them somewhere on the filesystem it knows is safe.

Matthew