[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] Idle v1.01
- From: Thomas Lauer <thomas.lauer@...>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:27:34 +0100
Idle 1.01 released
I am happy to announce the release of Idle version 1.01. This is a
bugfix and documentation enhancement release.
See http://idle.thomaslauer.com for details about Idle and
http://idle.thomaslauer.com/IdleDownload.html for downloads.
This version is released under an MIT-style licence. It is available for
systems running Windows 2000 and later.
What is Idle?
Idle is an extremely compact scripting language based on Lua (see
http://www.lua.org ). Idle adds some language features to the mix,
offers a comprehensive runtime library and a compiler that produces
extremely small .exe files, both for the console and gui subsystems.
The Idle core library (idle03.dll, just 230 KB) supports, among many
other things, the following:
- a complete GUI module for simple dialog boxes
- pre-emptive multitasking (besides coroutines which are also supported)
- win32 enhancements: console window support, the ability to send
keystrokes to other applications and manipulate windows and processes
- full Perl-compatible regular expressions
- mapping and reading of archive files (.zip and .7z files)
- a socket library for networking support (high- and low-level)
- a transparent just-in-time compiler backend which makes an already
fast language even faster
Among the optional add-ons are the following libraries:
- embed live Perl code (supports dynamic loading of Perl modules)
- compile and execute C code on the fly
- complete SQLite 3 support
web : http://thomaslauer.com/start