On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 17:00:54 +0200
> Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Includes bindings for GTK+ and more (e.g. WebKiyGtk, Cairo, Pango).
>> > Build as much or as little of the Lua-to-GObject-based binding as
>> > you need.
>>
>> I (finally) got it built last weekend
>
> Care to include your workings?  I'm told there's some form of script
> for doing it rather than a broken Makefile now, but I've still heard
> horror stories and I won't go close to it until I'm absolutely
> convinced it won't make me want to pour bleach into my eyeballs again :)
>
>> but got scared away by the fact that the .so for gtk binding is 500k.
>
> Before or after stripping?  I suspect it statically creates bindings
> to /everything/ rather than trying to do so dynamically, which might
> make it a bit fat.
>
> B.

Hi,

I'm the responsible for all that 'pain'. There's a small script called
'build.lua' in the package. If you run it with:

$ lua build.lua /home/kknd/lgob/usr

It will try to compile all the modules and install it using  the
argument as the destination dir. All modules shared the configuration
file 'config.mk' (thanks for point that out Rob Kendrick), that you
can edit to suit your needs.

As an example, many Linux distributions changes the 'lua.pc' file to
'lua-5.1.pc', so you may need to change that. Any contribution that
simplifies the build process is welcome.

The bindings are 'static' rather than 'dynamic', but the size if quite
small (GTK module = 440kb striped). If you have special needs, you can
edit the override files and remove all what you don't want (quite
easy).

If you still have any problem with lgob, fell free to contact me.

--
http://oproj.tuxfamily.org