Anyone know how to write a Makefile.am in order to generate a .so Lua
module?  Here's what I've got so far:

INCLUDES = -I$(srcdir)/include -I/usr/include/lua5.1
LIBS = -shared

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libtest.la
libtest_la_SOURCES = src/test.cpp

While it does produces the shared library, it's less than desirable.
It builds a libtest.la and a libtest.so.0.0.0 with libtest.so as a
symlink.  Ideally, I'd actually have just test.so, but autotools
complains bitterly since such a name doesn't have "lib" or ".la" in
the name.  I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this.

thanks,
wes