I'm having a serious brain fart here.. I start off with a string that holds a file path, something like aFilePath = "c:\\a\\b\\c\\d\\filename.blah.. As I pass it around in Lua, it removes the \ and becomes C:\a\b\c.. and so on.. Now I save the filepath to a file, it gets saved as C:\a\b\c\d etc.. without the added \\... now when i try to load up the file, I loose all \'s, obviously because it think's these are escape sequences now... I shouldn't have to replace these all the time with \\ ... how can I keep the file path intact between saves and loads etc?

Thanks for the help!