> (1) I'm trying to statically link Luasocket into an app, and I'm
> completely confounded by the module system. Does anyone know of an
> open source project that statically links Luasocket to a Lua 5.1.x
> that I could look at?

I have tried the same using mingw. Tried and failed. I succeeded with linking luasocket as static. And also in embedding the lua modules into the exe using tolua++. But the only thing I managed to do with it was to get some version number from it. Everything else failed. So the lua modules wasn't loaded in the right way.