moltrecht@topconcepts.com wrote:

> But now there is a performance issue. I ran some tests on the current
> testing system and found out that launching the Lua parser (from my
> PHP script) takes around 0.02 seconds, almost exactly the time it
> takes to calculate the sine 100.000 times.

Try linking Lua without readline and possibly static.

This line:
 time for in in `seq 1 1000`; do lua -e return; done

takes
 2.0s standard linux build (dynamic, with readline)
 1.4s dynamic without readline
 0.9s static without readline

on an old 3GHz-P4.  0.02s (20s for 1000) looks like a really slow
machine or something strange's going on.

Ciao, ET.